ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR CROATIA
It is almost time for your trip to Croatia! As you prepare, please be aware of the new travel requirements and entry screening process for visiting. The ongoing pandemic causes frequent changes to entry requirements and testing guidelines, so be sure to check this page frequently leading up to your trip as it will be updated with new information as it becomes available. Last Updated: May 21st, 2021
Upon arrival in Croatia, all travelers must present evidence of accommodations paid in advance and in full or a proof that you own property in Croatia.
One of the following must be presented to qualify for entry:
- A negative viral test result; PCR or rapid antigen test not older than 48 hours (counting from the time of taking the test to arriving at the border crossing point).
- Travelers entering Croatia with a rapid antigen test and staying longer than 10 days must repeat the test within ten days of the original test.
- A list of acceptable antigen tests can be found here.
- Vaccinated travelers will need a certificate of vaccination (any vaccine) for persons whose final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine is more than 14 days prior to crossing the border.
- A medical certificate confirming that the traveler has recovered from COVID-19 after having a positive PCR or rapid antigen test result. The certificate is valid 11-180 days after the positive test result.
- Perform PCR testing or rapid antigen testing immediately upon arrival to Croatia (at the traveler’s own expense), with the obligation to stay in self-isolation until receiving a negative test result. If testing cannot be performed, travelers must self-isolate for a period of 10 days.
All tests taken and used as supporting evidence of positive or negative result must be recognized by European Union.
All children under the age of 7 are exempt from providing test results should their parent or guardian fulfill the requirements.
All travelers (regardless of citizenship) who meet the entry conditions are advised to fill out an arrival form at Enter Croatia in advance to facilitate their entry at the border.
Further requirements for travelers holding U.S. passports traveling from other destinations may be found here.
All of the above, as well as a full set of Q&A regarding travel to Croatia is regularly updated via our website here.
Before returning to the USA effective immediately, the United States requires that all air passengers entering the country will be required to provide a negative COVID-19 test prior to boarding their flight as per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Many of our travel suppliers have made arrangements for on-site COVID-19 testing right at your hotel (view these travel supplier policies).